Category: Community

There is Nothing Wrong with You

“The greatest evil that can befall man is that he should come to think ill of himself.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe   If your life has been anything like mine, you have received a lot of messages which make you believe that in some ways, or maybe in many ways, you just don’t measure…

By Deby Jizi October 28, 2017 Off

The Gift of Friendship

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life.” ~Steve Jobs,…

By Deby Jizi October 23, 2017 Off

Peace and How to Get There

We can all be peace workers. We don’t have to leave our houses or fly to distant lands to negotiate peace treaties. We don’t have to win the Nobel Peace Prize, either.  All we have to do is be peace. We have to cultivate peace within us. I say “all we have to do,” but…

By Deby Jizi September 6, 2017 Off

The Purpose of Life

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson   Someone once said, “If you aren’t dead, you’re not done.” I took this to heart. Like many…

By Deby Jizi August 25, 2017 Off

There is a Science to Happiness

At the end of the holidays, sometimes it is easy to feel low. My daughter, Bliss,  and I took down the Christmas tree today, and as always, we were both a bit sad that our favorite holiday is behind us for another year. Some people feel sad all through the holidays. Loved ones may…

By Deby Jizi January 2, 2017 Off

It’s a New Year!

“Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success…” ~Louisa May Alcott, Little Women, 1868   This is…

By Deby Jizi January 1, 2017 Off